Monday, November 5, 2007

True Beauty

As I was watching "Prison Break" tonight a commercial came on that I hadn't thought about in awhile. It was the Dove commercials Campaign for Real Beauty I believe they are called. The thing that really draws my attention is how they are showing beauty in women of all ages.

In one of their commercials they have a 60 year old women posing nude, but very tastefully. To be that cofortable in your body at that age is such a blessing. How many people feel that comfortable in their body at the age of 20?? I know that if I was asked to do that I would definitely pass.

There is also the commercial of women in their 20's to 30's (guesstimation) that have shawls of bubbles around them. How beautiful they are in their own skin!!

You can check out some of these ads here.

I love where they are going with these ads, even if it is to sell their product. The thing I love the most is that these are models that were hired for this. They are real women. How many companies put a woman in that has many curves? Not many. So I am setting a goal for myself to feel just about as good about myself as these ladies show us.