Saturday, November 17, 2007

Peanut Blossoms Recipe


Well now the craft and bake sale is over and I'm very glad that it is. It was such a long day, I was there to set up at 7:30am and after a latenight drive home from my parents house I was pretty tired. So I was kind of lacking an idea for a post today and just happened to read Paige's comment asking for my Peanut Blossoms recipe. So I think I will use that as my post today!

Ingredients:

1 3/4c flour 1/2c butter or margerine
1/2c white sugar 1/2c smooth peanut butter
1/2c brown sugar 2 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp salt 1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda 1 egg

In a small bowl (cereal bowl):

1/2 c white sugar

72 chocolate rosebuds or kisses (for after baking)

Directions:

Measure all 10 ingredients into a mixing bowl. Beat on low speed until a dough forms. Shape into small 1" balls, then roll in bowl of sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheet, but do NOT press down!! Bake at 375 degree F (190C) for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and top with a kiss immediately. Press down on kiss until cookie cracks around the edges. Cool and enjoy!

Yield about 4-5 dozen.