Thursday, November 8, 2007

My Grandma

So I just found out that my Grandma had another doctors appointment today. She has been receiving high doses of calcium to help contain the cancer to help prevent it from spreading. So today she had a bone scan to see if the calcium was helping her any. She doesn't get results for another week or two, but the wait is going to be tough.

We have recently found out that she has level four cancer. To hear that was quite difficult. She has always been a fighter. She IS a breast cancer survivor. She has battled many different things in her life, but I believe that this one is truly the most trying for her and our family.

There is no cure for her. There are so many days that aren't good for her. I had taken the girls to go and see her on Saturday and I was glad to see that she was having a good day. But you can tell this is wearing on her and she doesn't want to talk about it. In a sense I don't blame her, but some information would be nice.

It's really hard on my aunt though. She has lived and taken care of my Grandma for as long as I can remember. I can't even imagine what she would be going through with this. We were never really close but now we are able to actually sit down and talk and enjoy spending time with each other. I really hope she knows that she can turn to the family for help or even just to talk when she needs to.