Monday, April 30, 2007

New Found Pride In Myself....

So I know I haven't wrote anything for a very long time. To be honest I just feel that I have nothing worth talking about. But tonight I did something that I have never done before and am exremely proud of myself for it....

Now you're probably wondering what kind of new adventure it was for me, but I can see you all laughing at me when I do tell you what it is that I did. It's something that pretty much everyone has tried, except for me. So now I must admit that tonight was my very first attempt at.....cutting the grass.

I know that this might not seem like a big deal to some people, but to me it is a huge thing!! Growing up I never was allowed to cut the grass, my dad and brother did it because it was a "man's job". When I moved in with Cam and even until this year I wasn't allowed to cut the grass for two reasons. #1: we had a very crappy mower that was difficult to use. #2: He likes his grass cut a certain way...patternish almost. So at the end of last year we bought a brand new lawn mower and tonight I said I wanted to try and he actually let me!! He showed me what to do and even made me move all of the furniture around!!

While I was doing this, he was looking after the girls and every once in awhile would lend me a hand when I needed it (like I know how to empty the bag!!!) But I did start it by myself and all of the other stuff that goes with the job.

All in all my arms are a little sore (and no it's not just from mowing the lawn but we had to move the boat around the back yard before it completely sunk into the ground forever and never made it's return) but I am extremely proud of myself for trying and not messing up!! I didn't miss any spots and only got laughed at a couple times when I tried to turn the mower around and ended up getting stuck. But I was told that I did better than one of his brothers did when learning how to cut the grass....not mentioning any names though.....so that raised my ego just a tad.

But I am very glad that I tried and plan on shocking my husband again sometime this summer!!!