Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Easter started it all...

This past week has been a little different for me. It all started with the Easter celebrations...

Our holidays are always busy with visiting both sides of the family as well as any other activities that come our way. This year Good Friday was spent with his side of the family and then we had gone to my parents house for the Saturday and stayed the night. Come Sunday we were going to go to my Grandma's for a quick visit. This would involve a two hour visit before trying to get out of there before supper, otherwise we would never make it to his Grandma's house to visit after supper. But come Sunday plans changed. Cam had woken up feeling ill, so I made the venture to Grandma's with only Mya to accompany me (the girls had already left me to go with my brother). So we finally made the trek out there but by the time it came to leaving there was another couple bumps in the road. Due to their cousins not making it out there before I had to leave and also with the easter egg hunt being postponed until after supper, Madison and Chloe decided they didn't want to go home but stay an extra few days with Grandma & Grandpa. Twisting my rubber arm...I let them stay.

Needless to say we didn't make it to his Grandma's that day either. By the time we got home Cam still wasn't feeling good and Mya was so tired from not getting in her usual nap we just decided to stay home. I'm glad that we did. It gave us a chance to just sit around and relax.

Over the next few days it was fairly quiet in my house. It was really quite enjoyable! It was a great time for Mya and I to be able to spend some time alone with each other. We don't get to do that very often and I think we both really enjoyed our time together. I haven't seen her like this ever! She didn't feel like she had to compete with her sisters, she didn't need to fight for everything she wanted and she had free reign of the house for a few days with my wrapped around her little finger. But she was being such a little cutie....how could I possibly refuse???

But now it's Wednesday and yet another surprise comes my way. I have one little girl who is ready to come home but the other is having so much fun she wants to stay for another sleepover. So Chloe came home and Madison managed to find someone to bring her home tomorrow. But I think I like it better this way. Bringing them home one at a time makes it easier to spend time with each child individually before they're all home and looking for some quality time. But it's just trying to get Chloe to bed without Madison around that might pose some problems for me....But I'm up to the challenge and can't wait to have all of my girls back home.

A few days doesn't seem like a long time, but when you're used to having them around all of the time it makes a difference when they're gone. This week was good for me though. I needed the break and it'll help me appreciate them a little more when they're all home again...