Wednesday, May 2, 2007

My Fish

So I went out shopping last night for the first time in a very long time. Madison needed shoes to wear to school and for ball and I ended up buying a couple other pairs for her because they were too cute to pass up. So while shopping I decided to splurge a little and ended up buying some new fish for our tanks... This is what I bought....

First of all I bought Cam another little Golden Dojo Loach. For those who don't know, they look like little water snakes, but they are bottom dwellers. We already have 3 but they're getting so it (most average about 4"). They're really fun to watch and I've grown to like them.

The next thing I bought were a couple of Shubunkin's. In our goldfish tank I felt that we needed a little color, so our new fish are bright orange with flecks of black and white. They're already fitting in and that makes me happy. Last time I bought some comets and I bought them too small so they got eaten in less than 5 hours, so needless to say I'm a little nervous when I add fish to this tank!!

The last type of fish I bought were Gourami's. But these are a special kind. They're called Pink Kissing Gourami's. What caught my eye and sold me on getting these fish are their mouths/lips!!! I've never seen a fish whose lips go out so far!! They're hilarious!! Madison was laughing the whole time because she thought that they were going to kiss each other! "That's gross! Don't kiss him!!" It was so entertaining to watch them that I bought three.

So, those were my adventures of the evening. It was such a good time to just get out of the house and enjoy some time with my girls. It's amazing what buying a few little fish can do for you!!