Thursday, January 10, 2008

I'm Confused!!

Earlier today I got a phone call from another town resident asking about how much a ladies haircut is. I know it sounds stupid for me to write about this, but just wait. The only time I get a call about doing hair is when someone I know refers me, and I usually know this is the case when the person says "I got your number from so and so and heard that you do hair." But this was not one of these calls. I never know what to say since I don't have an actual salon. Do I promote myself? Do I refer them? So I ended the call just telling her that I'm not a salon.

But this is not the first call I've had like this. I've already had close to ten. How do these people find my number? It's a small town number, so it can't be just by chance. Finally my curiousity got the better of me and I got out the phonebook. After five minutes of looking and not finding a thing, I phoned her back to find out how she came across my number (thank you call display!!). So it turns out that she found my number on the internet under "Family Hair Care" in our town. Now how can I be listed as a business on the internet when I'm not a business and never did anything of that sort??? I tried to find where she found it, but have had no luck at all. I looked under our phone company phone book search and I also Googled about a dozen different terms to try and find it. I found some other local salons, but nothing close to my number.

I just don't know how to explain this. I'm totally at a loss of how to find this information. I didn't want to really freak her out by bugging her more since she couldn't remember exactly how it came up. Bah. I'll be thinking about this all day now!