Wednesday, February 28, 2007

what a busy time....

Okay, I know that I haven't posted anything for awhile (as someone was very kind to point out) so here is what I have been up to.....

Well, I've been travelling to PA doing my little candle parties on the weekends, and dealing with everything that goes with it. I had this one order that wasn't right and had to phone a couple of times a day for just about a week to fix it. Needless to say I still haven't gotten ahold of this lady to get things straightened out, but whatever. There's only so much I can do before I go insane.

This past weekend we had our family splurge get together. It was a lot of fun. We were at my aunts house playing that race horsing game, (which I had drained all of the change out of my piggy bank for....but ended up leaving it at my parents house) we played for over 3 hours and I ended up losing all of the change my mom had given me. Sorry Mom. After that we went to this chinese restaurant for supper. Let's just say I'll never go back. It was the worst chinese I have ever had!!! It was in a small town so no worries about anyone going there!! They drowned everything with onions and skimped out on the actual food (like the chow mein noodles!!). Very disappointing. Oh well. And of course, I won splurge that night. I really wanted to win because I had a plan for the money, but at the same time I wasn't ready to plan an event. But I think I'm good now. If people don't like my idea that's just too darn bad.

My sister and my brother had also come down for a visit during this past weekend. They came at different times, my brother just left yesterday. Right now I'm also getting ready for the girls' dance recital. Once again I am the costume mom, but for Chloe's group only. So I've been busy trying to get things organized by getting girls sizes, finding the right items and just going crazy trying to get them ordered in time for the recital. It's only a month away and the place we ordered from is in Ontario. Last year half of the outfits came just a couple of days before the recital! I still had things to sew on them and I only had a day and a half to do it in, just to make sure they were all done for photos the day before the recital! Stressful tie that was!

And the other thing that I have been up to is the biggest one of all. With my winnings from splurge I decided that I would join the gym. I know that I've done this before, but I feel very confident this time. I feel very comfortable with where I'm going and it's nice to be able to go somewhere that actually supports you. But the thing is that no one knows about this, not even my hubby. I want to start out with just my knowing and see if anyone notices. But I'm fine if they don't. I just don't want the drama of why I'm not going the bro-in-laws gym to support him. It's not about him though, it's about what I need. This is a place that I feel I will actually succeed in. So too bad for everyone else, it's finally about me.

And so after all of that, that is where I am at this point. I know that even when I'm busy, I still need to sit my butt down and get these things out. It feels good just to be able to sit down and talk about whats going on with me. Going to do it more often, even if my life does revolve around my kids. If I talk about that stuff too much, you'll just have to live with it. But my goal is to start doing more things for myself. So until next time.....wishing both me and you luck in the things in our lives.....