Wednesday, February 14, 2007

What Does Valentine's Day Do For You?

What a LOVEly day this is.....the day for love.....Valentine's Day. Not exactly the most romantic day of the year in my books, but hey, if it is for you that's great. To me this day isn't much except for the few extra kisses I get from my hubby.

There's no point going out for supper because you'll have to wait for an hour to get a table. And to find a babysitter would be even harder! I can see it being great if it ran on the weekend, but Cam works so that takes up most of the day. I don't think we've ever celebrated on the actual day of the 14th. For me it's hard to imagine how some people dote on this day forever before it's even here. It's great when you're younger but once you're out of school the day kinda looses it's charm.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong (or if you actually have a romantic partner) but this day just doesn't do it for me. Maybe I'll get a "special treat" later on in the night, but until then it's like any ordinary day. But maybe since having kids it's made me more blah to these kinds of things. I don't know, maybe it is just me. But I'd rather have that romance throughout the year and not feel like he's doing it just because it's "that day of the year". Yeah, romance throughout the year would be good. Maybe there should be a "be romantic to your partner" week or something. Maybe then we'd have time to prepare and have a chance to go out when everyone in the city isn't going crazy in those few evening hours. Yeah, way to go candy companies, you got us good!!