Friday, February 9, 2007

Friday night

So turns out the job isn't for me. It's a position that needs some accounting experience, which I have absolutely no knowledge of....so there goes that idea. But you know I'm actually fine with that. So at least I can say that I had the motivation but it just wasn't meant to be.

So it's Friday night and the hubby is passed out on the couch beside me. This is one reason that I'm glad that I don't work. By the time the weekend comes he is so worn out that this is how our nights usually end. Him crashed on the couch (getting enough sleep to go crazy working on the house tomorrow), and me being bored out of my mind and turning to the computer for something to do. The $40/month that it costs is well worth the entertainment that you can find (thank you POGO!!).

I never once imagined that this is how married life would be. I understand that we have kids and can't go out all of the time, but there is only so much you can do in your house every weekend. Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful for everything and everyone in my life, but I never imagined my life like this at 24. More money= more nights out? Doubtful. Then you would have to find a babysitter and he would need to take a night off of reno's.....it's like pulling teeth. I don't know... maybe one of these days I can drag him away, ditch the kids and have a date night. Yeah, that would be nice. Life as an adult can get to you sometimes, especially when you're mainly surrounded by little ones.

Life is good, but everyone needs a break. Maybe this blog thing will be my sanity and my connection to other "adults" in this world......hello Friday night.