Friday, April 25, 2008

Kevin

He didn't make it through the night. My uncle got a call at six this morning (an hour ago) telling him this.My brother had answered and they thought he was my uncle. They told him what happened but it didn't sink in until after he passed the phone on. I keep crying in spurts and then I try to think about what I can do to help. Uncle David left for town as soon as he got off the phone. He has the only vehicle. I am feeling trapped right now. I feel like I should be helping with something right now, but I have no clue as to what I can do. I'm frustrated and lost right now.

We had pretty much everyday planned. We had planeed to go be with him all morning and then some. I called Cam and my parents to let them know. I have no idea what's going on (which is to be expected) for tomorrow or today anymore. I just want to know what to do!! I've never been in the situation to be at someone's house after their son or any family dies. Now I find myself just sitting here waiting for the next phone call. I just keep praying for strength but I'm not sure how much I have left. I know there'll be more time for me to cry later, but for now I just need to be strong for them. Today is also the day that they buried Kevin's nephew (my cousin Darren's son). It should be pouring rain right now.