Monday, April 21, 2008

Falling Into Place

So this last week my brother and I have been scrambling to find a way to be able to attend the fundraiser for Kevin this weekend. So far we managed to talk my Dad into letting us use his airmiles for us to fly out for the weekend. Justin's boss also changed his schedule for him to have the time off. Everything was falling into place so quickly for us. Until today.

I had phoned airmiles this morning to book our flights and found out that we can't get a flight back home until late next week at the earliest. Crap. So then we started scrambling to see how else we could get home. We could take the train from Vancouver home for $210, but then we still have to take the ferry and a cab to get to the train staion which is even more money. Then we couldtake the bus. That'll be a day and a half travel and means leaving a day earlier. The price I was told was again $210. So I ended up looking on their web site and found that there was a companion rate. With this when you purchase an adult ticket you can purchase a second one for only $20!! $190 savings!! I'll take it!! But now I just have to wait and talk to my Dad since he wants us to put everything on his card. But he won't be home for another hour, which means I have to wait another hour before we can actually book anything!! I'm finding that I don't have as much patience as I once thought I had.

Next I had to find a car rental place in Duncan, BC where my family is. I was scared to find out how much it would cost to rent a car. So I found a phone number for Budget out there and found out that there is a special for people that rent the car for three days over a weekend which is only $20 a day!! I was shocked. I thought it would be a lot more than that. Also with having airmiles you get a discount on top of that. So now I'm excited!! I just need to talk to my brother and Dad to get everything confirmed and then booked!!