Monday, June 16, 2008

I Just Wanna Dance!!

Since going to the cabaret last weekend I've had the dancing itch!! I danced with a couple of friends there and I didn't realize that they actually KNEW how to dance!! Man could they dance!! We were two stepping and spinning, and I was being dipped left and right!! It's been a long time since I've danced with someone who actually knows how to dance. Incase you didn't clue in already, Cam does not know how to dance. He doesn't even have the desire to learn, which is very sad. I love to dance and am doing good if I can get him to dance with me a couple of times when we go to a dance, and that includes slow songs. I had started teaching him to do oldtime dancing, but now at most weddings they don't play those songs anymore!! That makes me very sad.

I grew up in a family that loved to dance. No matter what you were on the dance floor. Whether you knew how or not, you would learn. At weddings I would love watching my parents waltz or polka. They're such beautiful dances. But now it's just not the same going to weddings or dances. No one seems to know how to dance these days!! Even to just two step is a challenge. It drives me nuts to go to a dance and see all of these guys just sitting around drinking because they don't know how to dance and don't really care to try!! So I find it hard to go to a country dance and not have anyone to dance with. But this last weekend I was making people dance even if they didn't know how. Was I ever shocked.

I don't understand why people don't want to learn. What is it about dancing that makes them want to hide in the sidelines?? It's great excercise and I think it's sexy when a guy can dance. Damn it makes me feel sexy!! I haven't been dipped or twirled for a long time and it felt damn good!! My toes weren't killing me after each dance either!! I have a feeling that for the next dance I go to, I'm going to have higher expectations for people to dance or end up sucking it up and go ask someone I don't know to dance just so I don't end up leaving depressed because I did want to dance that night, but ended up sitting on the sidelines.