Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sorrow

This past week has gone by so fast and was such a blur. My friends dad passed away on January 31st. I had posted about her here. He had gone in to the hospital with pneumonia, but the next day was diagnosed with acute luekemia. He had underwent chemo with no improvement. By December the doctors told him that there was nothing they could do for him, so he went home ot be with his family. He was only 53 years old. So this past week I have been busy talking with Dana, and doing what I can to help support her. The funeral is on Friday, so I'll be going out of town to be there.

But I must say that the family is doing fairly well given the ircumstances. It's a very close family and they have tons of support from everyone they know. But no matter if you expect it or not, it's still a huge shock and I know it'll be hard for them to adjust these next few months. I'm just glad that they were able to be with him and that he's not suffering now.