Saturday, June 2, 2007

My Pride....

Hello everyone!! I know that it has been a very long time since my last post. But with it being summertime, I have become very busy. With ball going on for Madison, and also for Cam & I, amongst many other things, I find myself being very busy lately. So I will try to make more time for my blogging, but somedays I just feel like I have nothing to write about. Being a homemaker doesn't make my life the most interesting. Most days just consists of me doing chores around the house, being with the kids, running to the store for something for supper, or whatever else that day throws at me. But all in all, it's a daily routine for me and I would feel bored if I wrote about the same things day after day. So if I don't post for a little while, then that should help give you a reason as to why.

But since I am writing, you must've figured out that I have found something to write about. Today we had a ball game and I ended up leaving with a lot of pride in my team....and in myself.

Every time we play, we play two games just to help the season move along a little faster. So the first game went pretty well, the team was doing good and getting some hits. We did manage to get a homerun though!! Only wish he wasn't the first one up to bat!! We ended up winning that game 8-2.

BUT, the second game is the one that I really want to talk about. This game was awesome!! A huge boost of confidence to our whole team. First inning we managed to get in 6 runs, as well as the second inning. During this game we had two home runs... and one of them was by Cam!!! You should've seen the smile on his face!! It was a very proud moment for me to be able to see my husband nail on right over center field and out of the park!!! (for those who don't know, that is the longest distance to hit to be able to get it over the fence) Also during this game I had some really good hits. One of them went right over the pitcher and dropped down in one of the holes!! I made it home a couple of times as well. When we were in the field I was playing backcatcher. So this is the time that I must admit the reason why I play this position. There's actually a few reasons....#1 I have asthma and if I play rover in the outfield it means a lot of running, and I am scared of it acting up. #2 It helps with my throwing. I don't have a good "throwing arm" so for me to gun it in from the outfield is next to impossible for me. #3 I am afraid of the ball. I cannot play infield because I am too scared of how people throw it to me.....way too fast and sometimes not with very good aim. At home the pitcher will cover home for me when it's a major play. That's how scared I am of missing and being pegged in the head. But don't get me wrong. I do cover home when I need to, and tonight I had to do that a couple of times. But tonight when I had to cover home it was in a play that would help us win the game. Yeah thanks guys, no pressure. So here's the story. Two outs and a guy was just starting to round third for home. The ball had been thrown to third and the guy had a choice of going back and being called out or taking his chances on running home and me missing the ball so he would be safe. So there's me covering home, praying for him not to run so I wouldn't be put in that postition (did I mention that I had missed a couple of throws already that game???). But of course he makes a run for it, and the next thing I know the third basemen is throwing the ball to me!!! Crap, crap, crap is all that's going through my head! I still don't know how, but I managed to catch the ball!!! It was a perfect throw and I just happened to be on the plate. I swear I acted like a little school girl after he was called out!! Diva, you would've been laughing at me!! There I was jumping up and down and celebrating my catch that ended the game in the 5th inning. We ended up winning that game 18-3!! In our rules, you can't get more than seven runs in one inning, and since we were up by more than 14, we were given the game. It was nice having the team come up to me and pat me on the back for my play.

So that's my big story, and I hope that you enjoyed it. I'm still sitting here smiling remembering about the game. We play again on Tuesday and our team is going into it with a pride after two awesome wins!! We needed that boost of confidence. I am just really proud to be a part of such a wonderul team. And once again, I didn't need to use my inhaler!!!