Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Tis that season again

Well welcome back to spring everyone! I know its been here for awhile but now that most of the water has dried up its time to start up all of the sports again.

Madison had her first ever ball practice last night and she had a lot of fun. She has a great arm and can hit a ball pitched to her, but since its her first year of ball she has to start in T-ball, which is fine since she needs to learn how to catch with a ball glove. She knows how to catch, but doesn't really know how to use her glove quite yet. The other thing is because she's always been pitched to, she has to take it back a step and get used to using the T. But it'll be a good thing for her to start at this level, give her the basics to the game.

Then there's Cam and I. We started our slo-pitch on Monday. And I must say I am extremely sore still!!! It's Wednesday morning and it's still tender for me to move certain ways. And no, I am not just being a wimp. When we play ball, we play two games at a time. So after two and a half hours moving in ways you haven't moved for close to a year, you get a little stiff. The other thing is we usually have a couple extra girls and have to take turns. When doing this, you only play about one game in total. We had no extra girls this time. I was backcatcher so that also lead to a lot of squats. Interesting how you think you use your legs, but after doing that many squats its easy to see how little you do!! Also I didn't get any shin splints. But I'm glad for one thing. I have asthma and only had to use my inhaler once!!! I'm very proud of myself for that, especially because I made it home at least three times!! It was a great time and we won both of our games. We play again on Saturday and I'm really looking forward to it.

So here's to a healthy summer!!